viernes, 10 de agosto de 2012

Never Give Up, Pray and Keep the Hope!

When I was 14, I thought I was old enough for "life" and that if I didn't have the things I wanted right there and then, my life would have been over.

I'd met this guy that I thought was the love of my life, he was everything to me, but not even a shadow of nothing to my peers. Almost five years later, after all the tears, sleepless nights waiting up for something that would never happened, everything changed radically.

On Dec, 2011 my family surprised me with a trip to my hometown Atlanta, GA. I was really excited just of the fact to travel again. I was going to spend my time there with my godparents, much more than usual and after a loooooong time. When I got there I was greeted with open arms and lots of love. A few days after I was there, 5 to be exact, I met a set of teens just like me, and from that day things just looked up to me. One of them was my age and the other two were younger. At first we didn't click right away, but as the night came, we managed to bond :)

The guy that is my age, as well as his brother and sister, we kept in touch through fb. Weeks past by and my prayers seemed to be getting answers. To make a long story short, we ended up liking each other. Family members on both sides begun to notice it and everyone was accepting it.

Days before I left, after my godparents wedding party, he asked me to be his girlfriend. When I came back, I told my close family members and best friend the story of how we met and stuff like that, everyone was happy for me and are even eager to meet him.

In comparison from my previous boyfriend, and this awesome guy who many say is my future husband and who I feel he will be and the man of my life, is that ex was nothing and everyone hated him - new guy is loved by everyone and everyone stands up for him when I start acting stupid. My family in Panama doesn't know him yet, but they accept him and have never given me a strange face when I talk about him. New guy is WAY better than ex in every single way.

I've named this post "Never Give Up, Pray and Keep the Hope", for you to read this short but powerful story and realize that after years of tears, low self esteem, and low confidence in myself, I made myself stronger during this trip, and by talking to others who didn't know the story, and with their opinion, realizing that I needed to leave this guy that was only doing negative in my life. I had made my choice to leave him and God sent me what I had prayed for every night.

I know for a fact that God answers prayers, God is real, and he never leaves his children. He sent me a guy that is polite, respectful, loving, caring, family oriented - name any good trait in a person and he has it. Distance is killing us, no lie - but when it's for you, it's for you. I know, he knows, we know - I feel, he feels, we feel that we are meant for each other and that we'll be together for ever.

Never give up, pray and keep the hope, is my formula for happiness and I'd like to share that with you.

XoXo
Ashley Bee

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario